“8+2” NO-BRAINER TIPS FOR
“8+2” NO-BRAINER TIPS FOR PLAYING Brigitte
February 18, 2019
Truly a meta-defining hero, Brigitte brought a really tanky anti-dive support option to the table. Some might say she is too easy to play, but great positioning and deep understanding of her kit is extremely important to separate you from the average Brigitte player.
With these tips we are going to give you some basic ideas and examples of ability interactions. Awareness is a really important skill you have to work on if you want to become a master at Brigitte.
- Rally is an extremely strong ultimate, but most lower SR players tend to use it in the middle of a teamfight, but we would advise against that. Using Rally before going in for an objective or fight is much more valuable, just tell your team to group up around you and proceed when everyone has that bonus 100 armor on them. That has way more value than the extra movement speed that only affects Brigitte. Also keep in mind that blue shields are going to get damaged before your yellow armor, so Zenyatta and Zarya are getting extra value out of it.
- Repair Pack gives armor to allies when they are on full health, but don’t let this fool you, as Brigitte’s armor disappears after 5 seconds. Spamming it on teammates in-between fights is not necessarily a great idea, it is better to save it for an engagement.
- Brigitte’s primary fire is similar to Reinhardt’s hammer attacks. Focusing multiple targets at the same time is really important to maximize your damage (and thus building your ultimate faster) and also to make the most out of your Inspire passive heal. Some people would recommend raising your sensitivity when playing heroes like Brigitte, Reinhardt or Winston.
- Whip Shot has the exact same range and speed as Roadhog’s Hook, but works very differently. Thanks to the 4 seconds cooldown, you can spam it a lot to mess up the enemy team. On certain maps, you can push people into deathpits. If you are playing against a dive comp, your primary focus should be the enemy Winston as he jumps in to minimize the damage done to your own team. You can also push Reinhardt away during his Charge or Earthshatter cast animation.
Hero specific tips
- Tracer can be really annoying and hard to deal with for most supports, but it is actually relatively easy with Brigitte if you are in range for a Shield Bash. Use Shield Bash, one hit with your primary fire then immediately use Whip Shot for the most burst damage. This will not kill Tracer straight away though, so make sure you ask your teammates to follow up on your initial stun.
- Your Barrier Shield is not that reliable to cover multiple teammates, it is mainly used to defend yourself, but helping your Widowmaker is a great option. You can go to aggressive positions paired up with your Widowmaker to go for quick kills. Without your help, she would need to put herself in a high risk of dying.
- You are going to play close to enemy Reinhardt a lot, so you want to pay extra attention to his animations, especially the one for Earthshatter. If you react fast, you can completely counter his ultimate by stunning him with your Shield Bash during his cast animation.
- Apart from the previously mentioned Reinhardt interaction, there are obvious high value targets that you should mess up with Shield Bash. Reaper, McCree, Genji or Roadhog when using their ultimates are really great targets to stun. Additionally, if you manage to hit Mei just as she is starting her Blizzard animation, you can completely nullify all of it.
- You can use angled object to launch yourself high up in the air with the combination of Shield Bash and jumping. There are bunch of useful spots for this on most of the maps, research these online and practice the technique in custom games.
- You can stop Reinhardt’s charge with your Shield Bash, use this to save yourself as well as teammates.
Brigitte might not be the most fun hero to play against because of her insanely obnoxious abilities, but is is certainly a nice feeling to play AS Brigitte to help out your team in a lot of situations without putting yourself in great danger.
Introducing new heroes to the Tank and Support roles is always exciting, as they can completely shift the metagame and force players to change their playestyle entirely. Sigma is definitely not an easy hero to play on a top level, it requires great mechanics as well as game sense to truly excel at with this astrophysicist.
8+2 questions with Omnicoach. A new series featuring Omnicoach users. We asked them about Overwatch, improvement and their experience with Omnicoach. Enjoy! NO. 7 Gr4yf0x
8+2 questions with Omnicoach. A new series featuring Omnicoach users. We asked them about Overwatch, improvement and their experience with Omnicoach. Enjoy! NO. 6 BlueSky92
This guide is about securing your improvement by reviewing your game and learning from your losses. If you are doing the same mistakes again and again, we are going to explain how to overcome these obstacles and start climbing.
Players tend to go autopilot in Overwatch that hurts their performance. It’s important to know how to focus and not let your guard down, to be on top of your game in every match.